Development Coordinator (Director Level)
Green Worker Cooperatives is a small, powerful & creative team growing to meet the needs of our communities. We are hiring a Development Coordinator who takes an innovative approach to fundraising & organizational capacity-building to support worker-owned cooperative development throughout NYC. The ideal candidate for this role has experience working strategically behind the scenes as a Development Manager or Director of Development, communicating with a variety of stakeholders, has a keen attention to detail & can effectively manage multiple projects at once. Passion for, and knowledge of, worker-owned cooperatives is preferable but not required.
About Green Worker Cooperatives
Green Worker Cooperatives is based in the South Bronx and serves immigrants & communities of color. We build, grow and sustain worker-owned green businesses to create a strong local and democratic economy rooted in racial and gender equity.
We envision a world where people enjoy an economy that works for all. Working cooperatively, we have equitable power, wealth and resources. We nurture healthy relationships with each other and the earth.
We value Racial Justice and Equity; Gender Justice and Equity; Environmental Justice; Economic Liberation; Self-determination; Community control of institutions and lands; Popular Education; Transformative and Restorative Justice; Criminal Justice Reform; Immigration Reform; Language Justice; Solidarity Economy; Affordable and Accessible Housing; Diasporic Education of Culture; Food Justice; Holistic Health and Well Being
- Oversee, champion & grow GWC’s monthly sustainers program
- Engage donors through year-end & monthly appeal letters, in collaboration with GWC’s Communications Coordinator
- Develop & manage major gifts and membership program
- Research & identify prospective funders (government, foundations, etc.)
- Build relationships with funding partners through outreach, networking & events
- Write & submit grant applications to pursue new sources of funding
- Develop & maintain a calendar of funding deadlines & requirements
- Prepare & submit reports & maintain current contracts
- Coordinate fundraising events, such as GWC’s annual Social Justice Holiday Market, sustainer & donor cultivation events, etc.
- Support outreach/Co-op Academy event planning (Sancochazo, Co-op Academy graduation, etc).
- Strategic Fundraising Planning - create a long-term, strategic funding plan to support the organization’s growth.
- Work with the Administrative Coordinator on developing the annual budget.
- Collaborate with staff & Board of Directors to support all aspects of the organization’s work.
Desired Experience, Skills & Strengths
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience in NYC
- Flawless writing & editing skills
- Strong project management skills (communications, timeliness, etc.)
- Experience coordinating donor management systems & managing databases
- Excellent interpersonal & written communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently & in collaboration with the Development Coordinator
Values, Compensation & Location
This position is based in the South Bronx, and offers a queer-affirming workplace, family-friendly work policies & flex time to accommodate non-traditional hours. Compensation is $30 an hour ($62,400 FTE). This is a full- time (30+ hours) position with generous medical coverage & paid leave, flexibility, a supportive team & yearly professional development funding.
How to Apply
In a single PDF, please email your resume, cover letter, a list of 3 professional references & one relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.