Stay tuned for more upcoming events
- Monthly info-sessions
- Annual Federation of Worker Cooperative Conference
- Co-op Assemblies
- Start-up Fest
- Advocacy Day
For more information about upcoming events contact Ileia Burgos, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 06:00 PM
- Green Worker Cooperatives in Bronx, NY
Are you interested in starting a small business? Are you already in the early stages of business formation? How would you like to start a business with others?
Learn How To:
- Create your own job
- Hire yourself and neighbors or family
- Own and manage a business with others
- Create job security
Come to this info session, hosted by Green Worker Cooperatives, to learn the steps you will need to start a business owned and controlled by you and others.
Bring a friend or potential partner and learn how you can participate in our Fall 2017 Co-op Academy to jump-start a worker-owned business.
Our Start Up Together Fest is for those who are interested in starting a business where we guide entrepreneurs or those in the early stages of business formation closer to launching.Bring the person (or people) who are as interested or committed to starting a business together. Learn a new tool to assess your market and product or services. And get a chance to hear and give feedback to your peers about proposed business ideas. For all those who want to start a formal business with others, this is your window of opportunity. Check out what we've got planned:
- Network and build relationships with other enterprisers.
- Learn to use a tool to understand how viable your business idea could be.
- Present your concept to the group - get feedback. We encourage entrepreneurs to have an idea already in mind.
- Hear more on how we can set you up to turn your concept into a green business through our Co-op Academy.
- Participants are encouraged to bring others that are interested in being part of a worker-owned company, or someone you work with already. You should come with at least one other person but it is not required.
IT'S TIME TO CELEBRATE!
Please join us in the commencement ceremony in honor of the Spring 2017 Co-op Academy Graduates!
Come and hear them present on their plans to build sustainable, green business in their communities providing studio photography, organic cocoa import & manufacture, sustainable construction, compost & organics carting, and equitable real estate development & management.
Green Worker Cooperatives Salutes our Spring 2017 Graduates!
New Deal Construction
Third Eye Studios
And more to be announced!
Green Worker Co-op Academy - Business Boot-Camp for Cooperative Startups
The Co-op Academy is an intensive 5-month long training and support program that helps teams of aspiring entrepreneurs develop worker-owned green businesses.
It is unique in its focus on businesses that are both green and worker-owned. And utilizes an aggressive combination of training, coaching, and technical services.
The program includes classroom trainings; business coaches; and business support services such as legal incorporation, graphic design, and website development. The course is specifically designed so that each team is able to get their business up and running by the completion of the course.
If you have an idea for a business come and explore the possibility about joining the upcoming Fall Co-op Academy!