Green Workers Cooperative has partnered with the Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities and Synergies Work to help individuals turn their ideas into successful cooperative businesses.
We are launching our first virtual Co-op Academy with two organizations serving individuals throughout Georgia.
Revolutionary Seeds Co-op during the Co-op Academy © Raybblin Vargas
The course will guide entrepreneurs through questions like:
- How do we make decisions as a cooperative?
- Is there a market for the business that we are thinking about? Who are our customers and how will we reach them?
- Is it feasible to launch this product now?
- In what ways does our business take its environmental impact into account?
- Finally, entrepreneurship is about adding value, what customer value do we offer?
The course will support 10 people with developmental disabilities to develop their own cooperative businesses over five months using online classroom content and tools, and post-Academy support for the graduates. The course gets you to think though your concept completely before spending a dollar.
The requirements are:
- You must have at least two people on a team (and as many people as you want),
- At least one member must have a developmental disability,
- Members must live in Georgia,
- Each member that applies must be able to commit to the five months of the course,
- You must have a single business concept in mind for you and your team when you apply,
- Each member of your team must complete the application form.
Georgia Co-op Academy Application
The program is modeled on the in-person course in New York City, covering the fundamentals for starting a business that's owned and controlled by the workers.
This is an online pilot program for individuals with developmental disabilities in the state of Georgia. This is offered in English.
Questions? Call our outreach coordinator at Green Worker • (718) 617-7807 ext 704 • email@example.com